Well folks – this week was the end of my training for The Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus, Ohio. That’s right, I’ll be competing at THE Arnold in less than a week. After I qualified it seemed like I had loads of time to train and get it together – and here we are already!
This is the first year that theres’s a Strongwoman category, and it’s really exciting to be part of it! There’s a big group of women – many that I’ve met and competed against at various NAS competitions over the years. These ladies are fierce, strong – and at the same time super supportive! The competition takes place over two days – but here’s the catch – to make it to day 2 you have to place in top 4 on day 1!! My two best events are day 2 (H-Stone & Atlas Stone), so hopefully I can hold my own on day 1!!
1) Axle Clean & Press for Reps (60 sec) – 150 lbs
2) Yoke Carry & Prowler Push (50 ft ea, 60 sec) – 550 lb Yoke, and Prowler TBA
3) Deadlift Medley (60 sec) – 275 lb Axle x1, 305 lb Bar x1, 550 lb Frame – as many as possible
4) Wheel Barrow Load & Carry – 100 feet, loading 150 lb Kegs and Sand Bags every 25 feet
1) Circus DB Clean & Press (60 sec) – 80 lbs
2) H-Stone for distance – 240 lbs
3) Atlas Stone over Bar for Reps (75 sec) – 200 lb Stone
Warren put together the most amazing training program “Everybody has the right to get JACKED” to prep me for this event. I’ve hit a big PR on Axle overhead, played with the BiggDogg Circus DB, and have pushed through event after event.
It is absolutely an honour to even be competing at The Arnold. I can’t wait to push my limits among the best-of-the-best, and I’ll do my best to represent Epicentre!